HOW TO BECOME A BETTER YOU
How to become a better you is an interesting book written by Joel and Anita Osteen.
Below are some steps to help you grow from your normal life.
A. KEEP PRESSING FORWARD
1. Meditate on thoughts such as these:
I have everything I need to fulfill my destiny. God accepts me and approves me. I know God has good things in store for me. I am valuable, I have royal blood in my bloodline. I have a bright future. My best days are ahead of me.
2. I am living under the generational blessings of God. I will shake off negative mind-sets.
3. I will be more aware that the decision I make today will affect future generations. I will be careful and deliberate about making wise decisions. I will pray and search the scriptures for guidance, seek Godly advice and take time to think before making major decisions. I will make choices based on my desire to leave my family better off than they were previously.
B. BE POSITIVE TOWARD YOURSELF
- I refuse to live guilty or condemned because of past mistakes. Instead, I will step into new situations confidently, knowing that I am forgiven by God. I will make this day a fresh beginning.
- Today, I am choosing to refresh my self-image by speaking positive affirmations and faith-filled words over my life such as I am blessed, prosperous, healthy and continually growing wiser. I am excelling in my career. God is helping me to succeed. I have a positive opinion about myself because I not only know who I am but whose I am. I belong to Almighty God.
- I am determined to keep my inner dialogue positive about myself. I will reject any negative thoughts toward myself and others and I will meditate on thoughts such as, I am valuable, I am well able to do what God has called me to do.
Lord God, I am trusting you. I know you are in control of my life. I may not understand everything that is happening, but I believe you have my interest at heart. Amen.
C. DEVELOP BETTER RELATIONSHIPS
- I will help somebody else become successful and trust God to make me successful. This week I will build up, encourage or otherwise improve the lives of at least three people (Social networks, etc.)
- I will on purpose find somebody that I can be good today. I will attempt to make somebody’s day. I will look for ways to be a blessing, especially to someone who can’t repay me.
- I will be determined to keep strife out of my home. I will remind myself regularly: I am a peacemaker, I will overlook minor matters and I will forgive quickly. I choose to see the best in other people. I appreciate my spouse, my family members, my friends, and my co-workers.
- Today I will make rational deposits in the lives of the people around me. I will give compliments freely and seek to make every person I meet to feel important.
D. FORM BETTER HABITS
- I will examine my daily routine and identify any habits that are affecting my life negatively. I determine today that I will begin to break at least one of those negative habits and replace it with a positive habit instead.
- I will be aware of negative conditioned responses. I will train my mind to see the good. I will relax and learn to go with the flow.
- I will not be distracted by my critics. I realize that not everyone will agree with me or cheer me on but I will stay focused on what I am called to do. Today, I will seek fresh ways to use the gifts, talents, and resources God has given me.
- I recognize I am not responsible for the happiness of everybody around me. Today, I will be aware that I am responsible for keeping myself happy. I will be kind to everyone around me. I refuse to be manipulated. I will not take a false sense of responsibility for the actions or attitudes of others.
E. EMBRACE THE PLACE WHERE YOU ARE
- I know that God works where there is an attitude of faith and expectancy. I will turn my situation over to God. I will not allow myself to worry or become frustrated. I will recognize that God is working behind the scenes, even when I can’t see external evidence of positive change.
- I will look for glimpses of God’s goodness in the little things of my life. I will recognize His blessings in nature and I will be more aware of His work in the ordinary areas of life- a kind word from a stranger, a rainbow in the sky, a bird perched on my window sill, a flower blooming in a field.
- Today I will declare God’s favor in my life. I will speak aloud statements such as: – “Thank You Father for working in my life. Although I can’t see yet, I know you are arranging things in my favor. I know the clouds will dissipate and I will see the favor of God in my life again.” Amen. “I am looking for one touch of God’s favor that can turn my circumstances around to my advantage and for His Glory and Honor.”
- I acknowledge that God has me right where I am for a reason. He is directing my steps, I am where I am supposed to be, and even if it’s not a good place, God is giving me the strength to be here, and I know there will be good days ahead. God has me in the palm of His hand and He will protect me and guide me to His best. Today I choose to be a positive influence on someone else by the way I handle my situation.
F. DEVELOP YOUR INNER LIFE
- Today I will be aware of the issues God brings to light in my life and I will be quick to obey and make necessary changes so I can move up higher.
- I will pay more attention to my conscience, listening to the still small voice within. I will do my best to keep my conscience tender by being quick to respond to His leading.
- I refuse to make excuses for myself, I will look inside and deal with the root, not simply the fruit. I will probe beyond the surface symptoms, and get down to the source of my problems. I choose to overcome any unfair experiences by looking for the good God is bringing out of them.
G. STAY PASSIONATE ABOUT LIFE
- Today I will look for tangible ways I can stay passionate about life. I will develop a habit of smiling on purpose. I will keep singing a song of Joy in my heart, despite the circumstances. I will have a grateful attitude, recognizing this day is a gift.
- I will exercise my faith in a positive direction, preparing for success and expecting God’s best in my life. This week I will tell someone I am planning to live a long, healthy, prosperous life. I will take action to fill my life with healthy activities while eliminating any unhealthy actions, attitudes or lifestyle issues.
- I choose to move from believing to expecting. Today I will reach for something beyond where I am present. I will actively pursue new goals, keeping them out in front of me and expecting to meet them.
- I will be continually aware that becoming a better me is all in how I choose to view life. I will constantly look for ways to improve my life. I will choose to be kind to people. I will seek more vibrant relationships with the people closest to me and I will actively pursue a deeper relationship with God.
- I choose to live this day passionately as a positive reflection of God in our world. I will put actions behind my faith and leave a lasting legacy for my family and the world.
Thank you for reading.